The reason why we must live in the present is simple: It is the ONLY space and time where we are able to experience love. Yes, love can’t be found in the past or the future, and the only way we can create something new is by loving it in the now. So why is it that so many of us insist on staying in the past, if what we live there is only an illusion and nothing new can be created from that space and time?
Again, the answer to that is quite simple. The majority of us believe that the memories of love are the same thing as the experience of true love. Our minds teach us to see the memories of our past with love or with pain. But, do we – the owners of our minds – see the difference between feeling love or pain for something that is no longer a part of our reality, and feeling love in this now moment for what it is and for what we are IN this present moment? It is so important to reflect on this…and it is important because our happiness depends on it.
You see, love is never a memory and it is always an experience. Of course we can love or hate our memories, but this doesn’t mean that we will be able to go back in time to feel true love… I hope you are able to see the difference because:
- If we are not in the present moment we are not able to understand what is to be love
- If we are not able to be love, we cannot use love as the eternal force that brings EVERYTHING we deserve into our lives
- If love cannot bring to us ALL we deserve into our lives, it means we are not living the highest version of ourselves nor our highest purpose.
Last but not least, if we are not living the highest version of ourselves nor our highest purpose, it only means one thing: That we still need to practice forgiveness and do more inner healing work so that we can say goodbye to our past and thank it for all the lessons it has offered us. Only then, we will be able to understand the gift of the now, a gift that can only be unveiled once we are willing to feel love as an experience and not as a memory.
Until next time and don’t forget to be love!
Latest posts by Roxana Jones (see all)
- Self-Love and Relationships - March 14, 2016
- When You Learn to Love Yourself, You Become the Real You - March 14, 2016
- Self-Love is Mandatory - March 14, 2016